12 June 2013

May was busy, dude.

Well, after recovering from SPOT Festival, it's be show-and-interview tastic...
First, I went to Night + Day Festival, curated and headlined by the xx, I did threaten to leave at least 3 times due to rain but glad I stuck it out. Mykki Blanco killed it. Jessie Ware is overrated. The Chromatics are good and get props for covering Neil Young. I can't really remember the rest. Why is there rain? Why?


THE VERY NEXT DAY, we went to Leipzig and kicked it with Goths. It's a big festival/costume show/weirdo fest. Read the article I co-wrote with a Amanda Gray and check out Julian Barrats awesome pictures. Mindblowing, and I decided I would be the punky Goth, if push came to shove.

Then, I discovered this awesome band courtesy of the Polyvinyl Records, of San Francisco. Saturday Looks Good to Me: lovely indie pop from Michigan, listen and believe.


My Danish favorites Waldo and Marsha put out their full length album Zoo, read my review and check out the video for "Savannah."

Lastly, my interview with Katie Stelmanis of Austra published, she definitely plays her cards close to her chest that one, but I was able to get her to open up a bit.



Please, if you haven't done so yet, check me out on twitter @kikajonsson, all my articles get put on there.

No comments: