21 April 2013

Brasstronaut interview, Øya Showcase and Chvrches show review

Had the pleasure of interviewing Brasstronaut a few weeks ago, they were in Berlin to 
perform at the Comet Club. Expansive, Canadian neo-psych-folk.



Brasstronaut - Bounce from TIN ANGEL on Vimeo.

Thursday night was the Introducingin April: Øya Special. This was at Bii Nuu, especially nice because beforehand they had a reception with free food and drinks for music industry people. All Norwegian bands, Truls is the most catchy. Sample dialog:
R: I manage Heyerdahl. You wrote about that band?
K: Hmm, no never heard of them, pretty sure I never wrote about that band

[some time later, realizing I DID write about them, I just didn't understand the name as it is pronounced in Norwegian]
K: [thinking] I need to pay more attention.
 


Also, saw Chvrches with Arthur Beatrice at Berghain.  I lost my coat check tag and someone turned it in, there is hope for humanity. I will convince this band has a lot of crossover mainstream appeal, a lot of friends who aren't really that into music have heard of them and love them and so forth. Please just know that there are PLENTY of rad bands out there that are doing something far more cutting edge and interesting than Chvrches. Yet they covered Prince so enjoy. At the temple of club culture.


No comments: