14 April 2013

so much has happened: Snøffeltøffs, Bleached and The Leisure Society

I can't believe I haven't posted here in over a month, it's been busy in life and at NBHAP, I have a Twitter feed @kikajonsson so please follow that if you want to be kept up to date in what I write. Biggest change is that NBHAP is Berlin-based, and growing constantly. I'll be interviewing a few bands this month, and also very psyched to attend the SPOT festival in Denmark with blog founder Rob Helbig. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!


I interviewed Christian and Nick of The Leisure Society, who are some very British, very good looking and very talented musicians from Bristol/London.  They have a new album out, Alone Aboard the Ark.
Next I had the pleasure of interviewing fellow Californians Bleached, they are from San Fernando Valley but I won't hold that against them because they are so good. They both have 808 tattoos on their lower lips. The new album Ride Your Heart is very catchy.

Lastly, I had a great time talking to an actual Berlin band, Snøffeltøffs. The name means nothing and the Scandinavian "o" is a big pain the ass, next time you name your band make sure it without requiring weird keyboards. Just saw them play last night and they are a band that is much better live than recording. Their EP Female Dreams, is, appropriately, all songs about girls. Really fast paced garage rock, worthy of comparisons to The Undertones, The Kinks, and the Ramones. I had originally used their last names in the article and they frantically asked for them to be removed, so they can stay anonymous, I don't get it, whatever, they are good catch them live if you can.

No comments: